Appoints first-ever Environmental, Social and Governance officer (ESG) to lead its Sustainability efforts
美国加利福尼亚州卡马里奥，2021 年 6 月 1 日——Semtech Corporation（纳斯达克代码：SMTC）是行业领先的供应商，提供高性能模拟和混合信号半导体产品以及先进算法。公司宣布其已大力推动关键的环境、社会和治理 (ESG) 举措，以推广公司公民意识和可持续发展，包括专注于多元化、公平和包容性的招聘实践以及 1,300 多名员工的发展。Semtech 任命 Charles B. Ammann 出任新 ESG 官并领导这些工作，他将与负责监督 ESG 事务的董事会委员会密切合作。在 Ammann 先生的领导下，Semtech 将继续制定和实施战略目标及关键的可持续发展举措。
Semtech 执行副总裁、首席法务官兼首席环境、社会和治理 (ESG) 官 Charles Ammann 表示：“我们认为，我们有必要专注于推行和我们的长期公司核心价值观保持一致的 ESG 举措。这些价值观是我们制定目标的基石，我们期望推动可持续的发展成就，造福于利益相关者。在改善公司长期可持续发展活动的过程中，我们还有更多工作要做，但我们已为正在开展的 ESG 举措奠定了坚实的基础，以旗舰 LoRa® 物联网解决方案为代表的技术正在真正改变世界，增强资源保护和效率。”
Key initiatives for 2021 include:
- 领导层：任命 Semtech 的第一位 ESG 官，他将与高管团队以及公司董事会提名和治理委员会密切合作，监督公司的责任和可持续发展原则、计划和实践。这是 Semtech 推进其 ESG 举措以收获更可持续的长期结果的重要里程碑。
- Innovation for a Better World: Expanding on Semtech’s strong track record of investing in Research and Development initiatives to create disruptive technology aimed at a smarter, more connected and sustainable planet. The Company’s integration of its LoRa® technology into customer platforms that can be used to promote sustainable farming, combat COVID-19, manage our natural resources, such as water and gas, facilitate the management of climate change, including monitoring rising sea levels and managing global pollution, illustrates the Company’s continuing efforts that promote sustainable solutions. In addition, Semtech’s quest to manage radio power using proximity sensing in mobile devices to enable a healthier environment and to minimize the size, power and failure of electronics using advanced protection devices are examples of a long term commitment to creating a smarter and more sustainable planet.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: With respect to its interest in improving diversity, 30 percent of the Company’s board of directors is comprised of women and over 40 percent of the executive leadership is comprised of individuals from various ethnic backgrounds. To continue to expand the diversity in its leadership positions, the Semtech Women’s Leadership Council was formed to elevate and empower women, advise the Company in its efforts to identify, attract and retain top female talent for key engineering, technical and leadership positions, provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and dialogue for the advancement of the interests of women, and enhance a work environment that benefits from the diversity of opinion, backgrounds and cultures.
- Employee Engagement: The Company has launched an inaugural employee engagement survey to annually solicit feedback from its employees to measure employee sentiment on various matters, including employee satisfaction, recognition and the opportunity for learning and development.
- Professional Development: In addition to the extensive online learning options currently available, the Company is planning to further expand its investment in technical and leadership development programs that will be available to its employees worldwide.
To learn more about Semtech’s ESG initiatives, please visit the website.
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms for infrastructure, high-end consumer and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The Company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit http://www.semtech.com.
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “will,” “planning to,” “designed to” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of Semtech Corporation to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in Semtech Corporation’s annual and quarterly reports, and in other documents or reports, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (www.sec.gov) including, without limitation, information under the captions “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors.” Semtech Corporation assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.
Semtech、Semtech 徽标和 LoRa 是 Semtech Corporation 或其附属公司的注册商标或服务商标。