Semiconductor Solutions for Industrial Internet of Things
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is transforming operations for industrial companies. Beyond traditional manufacturing settings, industrial operations such as construction, oil and gas, transportation, utilities, and many others can all benefit from IoT-connected monitoring, access and control of physical infrastructures.
IIoT sensor networks providing real-time data and analytics offer benefits such as:
- Automated machine maintenance and operations
- Improved traceability, visibility and utilization of field-deployed assets and equipment
- Risk mitigation, faster identification of performance issues
- Improved worker safety, reducing hazardous conditions resulting in injury or death
- Movement from preventative to predictive maintenance
- Reduced carbon footprint through operational efficiencies
- More efficient inventory planning and optimization
The more remote the setting, network availability can be, sometimes making sensor networks expensive to implement and difficult to monitor. This is where low power wide area networks (LPWANs) and Semtech's LoRa® wireless radio frequency technology have a real advantage, enabling cost-effective connectivity of many more monitoring points.
LoRa provides long range, low power and long battery life, making it a preferred choice for IIoT applications relying on battery-powered sensors in hard-to-reach or harsh, rugged environments. Using the unlicensed spectrum, devices featuring LoRa ICs operate over indoor and outdoor public, private or hybrid LoRaWAN networks. Networks are complementary to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Cellular.
LoRa solutions for IIoT are complemented by our circuit protection, power management, smart switching, and capacitive touch controllers.
Discover our semiconductor solutions for your industrial IoT sensors and equipment.
Getting Started: IIoT Sensors
When it comes to IIoT sensors, there really is no “one size fits all.” Sensors are highly customizable based on unique applications. Prevalent use cases in industrial settings include sensors for:
- Air quality
- Cycle counts
- Electrical current
- Water detection
使用下面的简化框图开始思考您的 IIoT 传感器应收集哪些数据。然后通过下面的产品链接探索 LoRa 和电路保护选项。