Semtech is dedicated to reducing our environmental footprint in every aspect of the operations of our business. Our quality team enforces a number of internal green programs to reduce waste and to ensure environmental consciousness and sustainability.
Our Environmental Policy outlines specific steps we take to show this commitment to producing environmentally sustainable products, reducing environmental impacts and conserving resources. We have incorporated sound environmental practices in our processes from design all the way through production and distribution by:
- Using sustainable products
- Being efficient in energy usage and reducing the consumption of paper, energy, water, and fuel
- Minimizing waste and increasing recycling
- Keeping suppliers environmentally accountable
- Helping customers minimize their carbon footprint by providing green enabling technology
- Understanding and complying with customer, legal and other requirements
Semtech understands the significance of corporate stewardship. We take on the responsibility of implementing clear guidelines and viable practices throughout our infrastructure and supply chain to protect the environment.
Our products are designed to benefit the global community. Internal green programs are enforced to reduce waste through manufacturing control with our suppliers, ensuring they are utilizing energy efficient technologies. Semtech products enable resource reduction in numerous vertical markets, such as in utilities and environmental conservation.
As part of our policies and ongoing practices to protect the environment, Semtech supports the reduction and eventual elimination of lead in electronic products due to the growing environmental concerns associated with lead-based electronics. Our growing list of environmental initiatives, include working with our suppliers to encourage increasing water recycling and the reduction of:
- Energy consumption
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Water use
- Hazardous waste
- Environmental Manual
- Backwards Compatability Statement
- Environmental Management System Objectives and Targets, Camarillo
- Environmental Management System Objectives and Targets, Irvine
- Environmental KPIs
- Conflict Minerals Program KPIs
- Hazardous Substances Declaration of Non-Use
- Product Packaging Declaration of Compliance