Semtech’s ClearEdge™ CDR Platforms Enter Full Production for Low-Cost 25G SFP28 SR Modules and Active Optical Cables
Integrated CDRs with laser drivers and transimpedance amplifiers (TIAs) deliver high performance solution for applications at 25G
Camarillo, California - August 4, 2017 -
Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms, today announced full production release of its new, integrated ClearEdge™ CDR platforms that enable low-cost SFP28 SR (short reach) modules and Active Optical Cables (AOCs) for data center, enterprise and wireless applications. Semtech’s ClearEdge CDR portfolio has achieved widespread adoption for 100G applications and is now leading in the fast growing 25G market.
“Semtech’s best-in-class CDR performance coupled with enhanced laser driver and TIA features deliver outstanding performance with high yields and lower overall BOM costs for our customers at both 100G and 25G,” said Imran Sherazi, Vice President of Marketing and Applications for Semtech's Signal Integrity Products Group.
“The ClearEdge CDR platform will help drive the next phase of enterprise and wireless growth, where demand for our 25G solutions is rapidly growing throughout the world, especially in China. Our customers understand our passion for excellence in semiconductor products and, in particular, our strong commitment to being their long-term IC provider in the optics industry.”
ClearEdge CDR Platform Information:
• GN2147 is a solution for SFP28 SR modules and AOCs that includes dual (Tx and Rx) ClearEdge CDRs, integrated transimpedance amplifier (TIA) and VCSEL driver. Offered in a compact 1.8mm x 3.1 mm bare die format, the transceiver consumes less than 450mW total power to enable highly differentiated module solutions. The GN2147 is the industry’s first fully-integrated single-die solution to enable best cost and performance structure for AOCs.
• GN2148 incorporates a ClearEdge CDR with an integrated VCSEL driver and is offered in a compact 1.27mm x 2.95mm bare die format. Tx and Rx die consume less than 200mW power.
• GN2149 incorporates a ClearEdge CDR with an integrated TIA and is offered in a compact 1.24mm x 3.00mm bare die format. Tx and Rx die consume less than 200mW power.
• Learn about Semtech’s optical networking products: www.semtech.com/optical.
• Contact Semtech’s support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
• Sign up for Semtech’s e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
About Semtech’s Optical Products
Semtech’s optical networking products provide high-performance signal integrity for optical module solutions used by leading companies in the data center/enterprise networking, wireless infrastructure and passive optical network/Fiber to the X markets. For more information, visit www.semtech.com/optical.
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithm for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications, and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The Company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit www.semtech.com.
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “will,” “designed to,” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of Semtech Corporation to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in Semtech Corporation’s annual and quarterly reports, and in other documents or reports, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (www.sec.gov) including, without limitation, information under the captions “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors.” Semtech Corporation assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law. Semtech and the Semtech logo are registered trademarks or service marks, and ClearEdge is a trademark or service mark, of Semtech Corporation or its affiliates.