Semtech Wins Big at Elektra Awards 2016
Semtech named Company of the Year; LoRa Technology received IoT Product Innovation Award
Camarillo, California - December 6, 2016 -
Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq:SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, today announced that it won Company of the Year and its LoRa® Wireless RF Technology won the Internet of Things (IoT) Product Innovation Award at the Elektra European Electronics Industry Awards 2016.
Company of the Year
Semtech was chosen Company of the Year for its successful efforts, working alongside the LoRa Alliance™, to standardize the LoRaWAN™ protocol, for the wide spread adoption of LoRa by leading technology companies and mobile operators in Europe, as well as for its innovations with LoRa for new IoT applications in a variety of market verticals.
Internet of Things Product Innovation Award
Semtech’s LoRa Technology won the IoT Product Innovation Award for its long range, low power feature set and standardized protocol that has the potential to play an important role in IoT, and is already being adopted around the world. Its ability to penetrate dense urban cities, in addition to rural areas, makes LoRa an ideal solution for a variety of applications, according to the judges.
“This recognition by Electronics Weekly and its judges for our hard work building Semtech’s LoRa RF Technology and an ecosystem that enables IoT is an honor and validation of the immense progress we have made over the last few years,” said Marc Pegulu, Vice President and General Manager of Semtech’s Wireless and Sensing Products Group. “The LoRa Alliance has grown to over 400 members in less than two years, and we continue to increase the capabilities of our LoRa RF Technology, most recently with the GPS-free geolocation feature, to ensure it is an enabling component for IoT adoption.”
The award ceremony, organized by Electronics Weekly, was held at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane on Dec. 1.
Key Features of LoRa Wireless RF Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
- Low Power: The LoRaWAN protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN protocol ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- To learn how LoRa enables IoT visit Semtech’s LoRa/IoT site.
- Engage with the LoRa Community or contact Semtech’s support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Sign up for Semtech’s e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, computing, communications and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit www.semtech.com.
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “enable," “has the potential to,” “,” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of Semtech Corporation to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in Semtech Corporation’s annual and quarterly reports, and in other documents or reports, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (www.sec.gov) including, without limitation, information under the captions “Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors.” Semtech Corporation assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.
Semtech, the Semtech logo, LoRa and LoRaWAN are registered trademarks or service marks of Semtech Corporation and/or its affiliates. Third-party trademarks or service marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.