Semtech to Discuss the Growth of LoRaWAN at IoT Summit 2017
A LoRaWAN-based network is a vital platform for IoT infrastructure as more markets adopt the standard
Camarillo, California - May 11, 2017 -
CAMARILLO, Calif., May 11, 2017 – Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, will deliver an overview of long range, wide area networks based on the LoRaWAN™ specification during the Company’s speaking session at the Czech IoT Summit 2017 on May 23. The Summit’s main focus will be on current Internet of Things (IoT) applications and discuss the growth as well as the future of the LoRaWAN specification.
Experts estimate that by 2020, there will be several hundred billion devices that will need to connect to the IoT network. Users will need a secure, flexible platform to support their devices. LoRaWAN-based networks are able to deliver this by providing secure, bi-directional communication with long data transmission range to cover an area using minimal network infrastructure. They are designed to connect low-cost, battery-operated sensors over long distances in harsh environments that were previously too challenging or cost prohibitive to connect. The networks are ideal for industries that require low power and long range including smart cities, smart buildings, metering, logistics and supply chain, and agriculture.
“We believe LoRaWAN is quickly becoming the de facto standard for next-generation IoT technologies,” said Mike Wong, Vice President for Semtech’s Wireless and Sensing Products Group. “LoRaWAN provides key benefits including low power, low cost, and geolocation to industries that need a secure, flexible platform.”
For more information on the session and Czech IoT Summit 2017, visit iotsummit.cz.
Key Features of LoRa Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
- Low Power: The LoRaWAN™ protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN protocol ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- To learn how LoRa enables IoT visit Semtech’s LoRa/IoT site.
- Engage with the LoRa Community to access free training as well as an online industry catalog showcasing next-generation products.
- Contact Semtech’s support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Sign up for Semtech’s e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.
About Semtech LoRa® Devices and Wireless RF Technology
Semtech’s LoRa Technology is a widely adopted low-power, long-range solution for IoT that gives telecom companies, IoT application makers, and system integrators the feature set necessary to deploy low-cost, interoperable IoT networks, gateways, sensors, module products, and IoT services worldwide. IoT networks based on the LoRaWAN™ specification have been deployed in over 50 countries.
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications, and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The Company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit www.semtech.com.
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “will,” “designed to,” “is becoming,” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of Semtech Corporation to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in Semtech Corporation’s annual and quarterly reports, and in other documents or reports, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (www.sec.gov) including, without limitation, information under the captions “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors.” Semtech Corporation assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law. Semtech, the Semtech logo, and LoRa are registered trademarks or service marks, and LoRaWAN is a trademark or service mark, of Semtech Corporation or its affiliates.