Semtech and IoTsens Deliver a Smart Water Solution for Smart City Pilot in Spain
IoTsens’ LoRa-based smart water platform is designed to reduce utility costs and maximize resources
CAMARILLO, Calif., Apr. 5, 2018 – Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms, announced that IoTsens, an Internet of Things solutions and services company, has integrated LoRa® devices and wireless radio frequency technology (LoRa Technology) in its smart water platform.
IoTsens entered a joint venture with FACSA, Spain’s leading integrated water management company, to accurately track and control water management in Castellón, Spain. Established in 1873, FACSA provides services to over four million citizens in 70 cities. In addition to smart water metering, IoTsens provides FACSA with sound, air quality, smart parking, and irrigation solutions among other IoT services for its smart city project.
“Our smart water platform provides Castellón with relevant and valuable information for the daily management and optimization of its resources,” said Ignacio Llopis, CEO of IoTsens. “Integrating Semtech’s LoRa Technology in our smart water platform was an easy and seamless process. We were able to quickly integrate, deploy and test 600 smart water meters for a proof of concept, paving the way for the current FACSA comprehensive rollout of 30,000 water meters.”
“The LoRa-based sensors, with their long range and low power capabilities, are able to collect and communicate important household data to accurately track and control water management,” said Vivek Mohan, Director of IoT for the Wireless and Sensing Products Group at Semtech. “The IoTsens’ system also can quickly detect leaks, breakdowns and manipulation of the water supply network in real-time, preventing loss of service and costly repairs. More cities are adopting IoT technology, such as Semtech’s LoRa Technology, to improve efficiencies and make a smarter planet.”
Key Features of LoRa Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
- Low Power: Allows unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 10 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN open protocol, provided by the LoRa Alliance™, ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- Learn how LoRa Technology enables IoT, visit Semtech’s LoRa site.
- Engage with the LoRa Community, a platform for thousands of IoT and M2M technologists, developers, end users, and solution providers, to access exclusive content.
- Enter your products in the LoRa Catalog to showcase your IoT solution.
- Join the LoRa Alliance, one of the fastest growing Internet of Things (IoT) alliances with over 500 members.
- Contact Semtech’s support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
Established in 2014, IoTsens is a division of the Grupo Gimeno Holding, specializing in hardware and software solutions for the Internet of Things. The company provides scalable and interoperable solutions to collect and exchange data connecting physical with digital world resulting in improved efficiency, accuracy and economic benefit. For more information, visit www.iotsens.com.
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications, and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The Company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit www.semtech.com.
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “designed for,” “paving the way for,” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of Semtech Corporation to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in Semtech Corporation’s annual and quarterly reports, and in other documents or reports, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (www.sec.gov) including, without limitation, information under the captions “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors.” Semtech Corporation assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.
Semtech, the Semtech logo and LoRa are registered trademarks or service marks, and LoRaWAN is a trademark or service mark, of Semtech Corporation or its affiliates.