MI Products Leverage Semtech’s LoRa Technology to Help Improve Public Safety
Controllable with a mobile app, MI Products’ LoRa-enabled electronic door lock has battery life up to three years
Camarillo, California - September 13, 2017 -
Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms, announced that MI Products, a leading provider of home safety solutions, has selected Semtech’s LoRa® devices and wireless RF technology (LoRa Technology) to help improve public safety in its line of electronic smart door locks, MiLocks.
MiLocks, one of the first electronic door locks that is LoRa-enabled, can be integrated in a smart building or home to improve security without using a key and with LoRa Technology’s low-power capabilities, the battery can last up to three years. A person, via a mobile application, is able to unlock and lock the door from up to 30 feet away. The electronic door lock also provides additional identification with biological fingerprint technology.
“Our electronic door locks, integrated with Semtech’s LoRa Technology, allows people to better manage traffic in their building and homes,” said Mark Kane, Executive at MI Products. “As more smart cities are developed, our society needs innovative IoT solutions that can make our planet smarter and safer.”
“LoRa Technology’s capabilities – long-range, low-power – are ideal for smart home and smart city IoT applications,” said Mike Wong, Vice President of Marketing for Semtech’s Wireless and Sensing Products Group. “Semtech’s LoRa Technology provides a competitive advantage to vertical markets by reducing costs two ways: infrastructure investment and operating expenses.”
MiLocks is Amazon Alexa-enabled and will be available on Amazon.com® by October 15.
Key Features of LoRa Technology:
• Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
• Low Power: The LoRaWAN protocol was developed specifically for low-power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
• Geolocation: This feature enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
• Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
• Open Standard: LoRaWAN, a Low-Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) specification, ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
• 如需了解 LoRa 如何赋能物联网，请访问 Semtech 的 LoRa 网站。
• Engage with the LoRa Community to access free training and an online industry catalog showcasing next-generation products you need for building your ideal IoT application.
• Contact Semtech’s support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
About MI Products
MI Products provides a line of electronic door locks, MiLocks, including Bluetooth®, keypad and remote control. MiLocks offers a keypad feature which allows you to add a passcode as a form of entry, or a remote control key fob which unlocks your door from the press of a button up to 30 feet away. The W-Series locks and X-Series locks can also be operated via a smartphone. http://www.milocks.com/
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications, and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The Company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit www.semtech.com.
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “will,” “designed to,” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of Semtech Corporation to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in Semtech Corporation’s annual and quarterly reports, and in other documents or reports, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (www.sec.gov) including, without limitation, information under the captions “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors.” Semtech Corporation assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law. Semtech, the Semtech logo, and LoRa are registered trademarks or service marks, and LoRaWAN is a trademark or service mark, of Semtech Corporation or its affiliates.